OVERVIEW: Candidate will be able to cut, grind, drill and polish glass. This candidate will handle sheets of glass in the warehouse meeting the specifications of the customer’s request.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge how to install glass, doors, frames, and necessary hardware needed
- Able to lift 100 – 150 lbs with assistance
- Installs glass in millwork products, such as doors, window sashes, china closets, and office partitions: Places door or sash on worktable and inserts precut glass in opening, or inserts glass as products pass on conveyor, using either of following methods: Inserts precut molding into window opening around edges of glass and taps molding against glass edges, using hammer and wood block.
- Tacks molding to frame, using hammer or staple gun.
- Fastens glass into window opening, driving glazier’s points into frame over glass, using point-driving tool.
- Presses and smoothes putty into angle formed by glass and wood to make joint watertight, using putty knife.
- Spread sealing compound around edges of opening before inserting glass, using air gun or knife.
- Fit framed glass into openings in doors and screw frame to door, using screwdriver.
- Cut glass.
- May be designated according to glass installed as Door-Glass Installer; Window Assembler.
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of math when using measurements
- Knowledge how to run all power tool equipment beneficial (Drill, circular saw, etc.)
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
Monday – Friday; 7 am – 3:30 pm; no weekend hours
High school diploma
This is a Monday – Friday shift from 7 am – 3:30 pm with lunch and breaks given accordingly. This is a 40 hour work week. It is located in our Bridgeport, WV office. If interested in hearing more, please contact Dayna Phillips at: email@example.com or 412.952.6881 to discuss position and interview process.
All of our employees are offered a full-benefit package to include:
- Vacation/Sick leave
- 9 Paid company holidays
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Supplemental insurance can be purchased through convenient payroll deduction.